An upcoming anthology from Longleaf Press will feature military-related poems on the theme of healing by writers with ties to North Carolina. Editors El'Ja Bowens, Lenard Moore, and Shannon Ward invite submissions of up to five poems from veterans, current members of the armed forces, their family members, and others whose work is thematically relevant. Poems written in English or translated into English are welcome. Poets who have lived or served in North Carolina are encouraged to submit.
- Poems may be unpublished or previously published in magazines, anthologies, and books, but contributors must have the rights and waive fees for republication. (We are applying for grants to pay honoraria or reprint fees but cannot guarantee payment at this time.)
- Simultaneous submissions are fine, but please be sure to withdraw your submission via Submittable if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Poems may be originally written in a language other than English, but originals should be sent along with their translations.
- Please update any changes in contact information via your profile on Submittable.
- Be sure that your document is complete and formatted correctly before uploading.
- Provide a 75-word bio in your cover letter, including a brief statement about how your work relates to military service.
- Using the link at the bottom of this page, submit up to five poems totaling no more than ten pages.
Deadline Oct. 31, 2022